To provide quality and professional legal advice that is in accordance with the Federal Constitution and Malaysian law within the stipulated time by taking into account the public interest, justice and benefits to the nation.
- Providing legal advice on all aspects of law related to the matter at hand.
- Drafting or checking legal documents such as legal notices, privatisation agreements, memorandums of understanding and other legal documents for which the Government is a party to ensure that its interests are protected.
- Assisting in interpreting the law when required.
- Conducting research or studies on legal matters when required.
- Participating in agreement negotiations related to Government projects, particularly privatisation and public private partnership projects.
- Attending meetings and providing legal advice on matters discussed in order to ensure that all policy decisions made by the Government adhere to the law.